- FACT: Did you know that only 4.8% of Texans have their LTC?
- A semi-automatic handgun or a revolver (unloaded and in a case) that is any caliber and in good condition with no modifications that will make the handgun unsafe. Do not bring your handgun into the classroom. Please leave it locked in your vehicle until the Instructor tells you to get it out at the shooting range.
- Safety Glasses
- Covered Ear Protection or Foam Ear Plugs
- Footwear that covers the entire foot
- At least one box of 50 rounds of factory, commercially available ammunition. No reloads or surplus ammunition is allowed for safety reasons.
The Range Qualification Test consists of a total of 50 rounds fired at a B-27 target (45″ high x 24″ wide) which you must score a 175 out of 250 possible points (70%) to pass. Shooting is at the ready, standing position where the firearm is aligned with the target and ready to fire. There will be no shooting from the holster allowed.
The cost of the class is $75 which includes your range fees and your B-27 target.
Check out Beretta’s article on
On-Target Training Courses has teamed up with Tiger Claw Tactical in Glen Rose, Texas to offer Texas License to Carry a Handgun (LTC) Classes. Classes are held at Tiger Claw Tactical which is located at: 611 NE Big Bend Trl, Suite B, Glen Rose, TX 76043 (next to H&R Block) starting at 9:00 AM. For our current schedule of classes, call Sam Iwasaki at or visit their website to sign up!
Saturday, January 19th, 2019 starting at 9:00 AM
- Saturday, February, 23rd, 2019 starting at 9:00 AM
- Saturday, March 16th, 2019 starting at 9:00 AM
- Saturday, April 27th, 2019 starting at 9:00 AM
If you have taken one of our classes recently and are looking for the status of your application with the Texas Department of Public Safety, you can visit their website at: https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/ltc/ for the most up to date status of your LTC. Just click the green Login button under Returning Users on the right.
Use Promo Code: ontarget to get 2 FREE months on an Annual Membership with Texas Law Shield