Texas License to Carry a Handgun (LTC) Class
- A semi-automatic handgun or a revolver (unloaded and in a case) that is any caliber and in good repair with no modifications that will make the handgun unsafe. Do not bring your handgun into the classroom. Please leave it locked in your vehicle until the Instructor tells you to get it out.
- Safety Glasses (can be provided)
- Covered Ear Protection (can be provided)
- Footwear that covers both entire feet
- One box of 50 rounds of factory, commercial ammunition. No reloads or surplus ammunition is allowed.
Range Qualification Test consists of a total of 50 rounds fired at a B-27 target (45″ high x 24″ wide) and you must score a 175 out of 250 possible points (70 percentile) to pass. Shooting is at the ready, standing position where the firearm is ready to fire.
The class is $75 which includes range fees, extra range time, your B-27 target, and light refreshments.
On-Target Training Courses has teamed up with Tiger Claw Tactical in Glen Rose, Texas to offer Texas License to Carry a Handgun (LTC) Classes at the beautiful Inn on the River. For our current schedule of classes, call Sam Iwasaki at (254) 254-400-5500 or visit their website at: https://tiger-claw-tactical.myshopify.com/pages/about-us to sign up!
If you have taken one of our classes recently and are looking for the status of your application with the Texas Department of Public Safety, you can visit their website at: https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/ltc/ for the most up to date status of your LTC. Just click the green Login button under Returning Users on the right.
Use Promo Code: ontarget to get 2 FREE months on an Annual Membership with Texas Law Shield