GED Testing Services
First-time cost of exam $145.00 for all 4 sections or $36.25 per section
The 2nd and 3rd retest is $16.25 per section if taken within 12 months of your initial attempt. Retests after that are $36.25 per section with a 60 day waiting period.
To get registered
Register and schedule for testing online 24/7 at www.GEDcomputer.com or by calling the Pearson VUE call center at 1-877-EXAM-GED (392-6433)
In Texas, the minimum age required to take the GED® test is 18 years old. You can test all the way down to 16 with approved exemptions.
Steps to Register for the GED
Step 1: Create Your Account
- Visit www.GEDcomputer.com and click on Register Today.
- Enter your legal name as it appears on your primary identification.
- Remember that an email address will be required for this step.
- Once your account is created, you’ll receive an account activation email.
Step 2: Complete Registration Questions
- Once you receive the activation email, click the activation link included in the message.
- Change the username to something you will remember and create a password. You will then be sent to the welcome page.
- Log in using the username and password you just created.
- Click the button at the bottom of the page to verify your contact information.
- Click the circled number two (2) and complete the registration question.
- Click the registration form that appears for the state, province, or territory where you will test and complete the next set of questions.
Step 3: Provide Additional Documentation (if necessary)
- Some test-takers may be required to supply supporting documentation in order to test.
- If your status on the home page indicates that you will need additional documentation, you will receive an email with your next steps.
Step 4: Schedule Your Test
- After completing the registration questions, click on the circled number three (3), and schedule to take your test.
- In certain cases, you may be asked to supply additional information before you can schedule your test.
Register for accommodations with the GEDTS (GED® Testing Service) by email at www.ged.com
Prohibited items in the testing room
*You are not permitted to bring personal items into the testing room.
Items Permitted in the testing room
- Layered indoor clothing (sweaters, sweatshirts without hoods, blazers, suit coats or any other layered clothing that is part of an outfit.
MyGED™ is a start-to-finish tool that gives students everything they need to prepare for the GED test, perform well on the test, and progress to good jobs with good wages after the test.
Begin today by going to GED.com to:
- Create a free MyGED™ account
- Start studying
- Take GEDReady™: The Official Practice Test
- Schedule the test
- Learn about jobs and college options